TAMCO Install Types
Installed In Duct
Inserted in a duct or wall opening
MINIMUM SECTION SIZE:
6½”w x 6¾”h (166 mm x 172 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 ft² (2.3 m²)
60”w x 60”h (1524 mm x 1524 mm) or
48”w x 75”h (1220 mm x 1905 mm)
- Damper is manufactured so that the finished outside frame dimensions are ½” (12.7 mm) smaller than specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Linkage must remain accessible after installation.
- In Duct Install Type, single section dampers are constructed with a 2" (51 mm) flange behind the linkage and a ¾" (19 mm) flange at the front of the linkage, to facilitate access from the face side of the damper.
- Linkage for multi-section dampers is located where damper sections meet and can be accessed from the face side of the damper assembly.
- TAMCO recommends that Series 9000 BF dampers should not be ordered as In Duct Install Type. Duct work will create a thermal bridge, thereby eliminating the effectiveness and purpose of the thermal break in the damper frame.
- Always provide opening width and height dimensions, when ordering. Width dimension is always parallel to blades. Height dimension is always perpendicular to blades.
TAMCO Aluminum Damper Installation Guidelines