Severe Cold Temperature Option
SC Severe Cold Temperature Option:
- The SC upgrade option for TAMCO Series 9000 dampers is designed for severe cold temperatures, down to -40°F (-40°C).
- Blade and frame seals are extruded silicone, replacing the standard EPDM components. This ensures minimal change in leakage rates as temperature drops, making this damper ideal for severe cold weather applications.
- Silicone combines features of silica, silicate minerals, and organic compounds which result in an inertness towards deteriorating effects of ozone, corona, weathering, and other forces, yet incorporates an extraordinary flexibility.
- Leakage rate through a 48” x 36” (1220 mm x 915 mm) Series 9000 damper with the SC Option at 1 in. w.g. (0.25 kPa) pressure differential is not greater than 0.89 cfm/ft² (4.5 l/s/m²).
- Silicone is virtually unaffected by cold winter temperatures. Air leakage tests performed in a cold chamber revealed that silicone seals allowed only a minimal increase in the leakage rate from 40°F (4°C) to -40°F (-40°C).
- Cold box testing revealed no discernible change in flexibility, or compressibility of silicone between 70°F (21°C) and -40°F (-40°C).
- Silicone’s superior dynamic fatigue resistance ensures prolonged sealing longevity, plus phenomenal resistance to weathering, compression set, and heat.
- Silicone seals have an estimated service life of 30 years.